Garbage and Recycling
The Municipality of North Perth uses the automated waste and recycling program, which requires residents to use wheelie bins.
How to Use Your Bins
- Park It - Place your bins just off the roadway on the shoulder grass or driveway.
- Point It - The arrow on the bin lid must point to the centre of the road.
- Space It - Leave at least 1 meter (or an arm's length) of clearance between each bin and any obstacles, such as parked cars, poles and mailboxes.
- All material must fit within the bin and the lid must be closed.
- No extra materials will be collected. RECYCLE WHEN YOU CAN!
- Breakdown boxes and flatten your containers to allow for better fit in your bins.
- Have your bins out by 7:00 A.M. on your scheduled collection day. This will ensure they are picked up.
Landfill Hours and Fees
Recyclable material goes in the wheelie bin with the BLUE lid. Visit the Bluewater Recycling Website for a full list of what can go in your recycling wheelie bin.
Waste material goes in the wheelie bin with the BLACK lid. Click for a list of unacceptable materials. (20kb, pdf)
The only holidays that Bluewater Recycling does not pick up is on Christmas Day and New Years Day. For all other holidays, pickup will be as usual.