Understanding Budget Basics
A budget is a planned itemized summary of money coming into the Municipality of North Perth and outlines how that money will be spent over a specified period of time.
For more information on budget basics, including common budget terminology, how budgets influence your tax bill, and how to calculate property taxes, view the Understanding Budget Basics document (coming soon!).
- Attend a Budget Council Meeting: All Budget Council Meetings are open to the public to attend. Meetings are held in the North Perth Council Chambers, 330 Wallace Avenue North, Listowel, ON N4W 1L3. Agendas and Minutes for the Budget Council Meetings can be found on the Agendas, Meetings & Minutes page of the North Perth website. The dates of the 2017 Budget Council Meetings are:
- Monday November 28, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
- A visioning meeting of the Budget Committee to provide members of Council with an opportunity to give senior staff suggestions and direction for the budgeting process.
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- Comprehensive 2017 Corporate Operating Budget with individual supporting documentation by Department.
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- Departmental Project Forecast and 2017/18 Project Budget for consideration.
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. - CANCELLED.
- Monday, April 24, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. (part of Regular Council Meeting)
- Attend the Budget Open House: A great way to learn more about the 2017 North Perth Budget and provide your input. Drop-in anytime during the Budget Open House to discuss and comment on the draft budget with North Perth Council and staff.
- The North Perth Budget Open House was held on Wednesday, March 1, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the North Perth Council Chambers. If you were unable to attend the Open House, you can view the Budget Open House Posters below to learn more about North Perth's proposed 2017 Combined Operating and Project Budgets.
- Provide Written Comments: Submit written comments or questions to the North Perth Municipal Office or e-mail them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.